- Joining the pension
Get the most from your pension
- Use the tools
- Boost your pension
- Approaching retirement
- Payment options
- Investment choices
- Common questions
The low-involvement option
What is it?
The Trustee with the help of their adviser, has chosen an investment option which they believe is a good choice for most people in the company pension. Unless you decide to move your money into another investment option, this is where it will stay.
This investment option is the Getting Ready for Flexible Retirement Lifestyle Profile (PDF, 771KB) and it's designed to make saving for retirement easier.
How does it work?
Lifestyling - changing your investments as you get closer to retirement
The Getting Ready for Flexible Retirement Lifestyle Profile (PDF, 771KB) is a lifestyle profile which is designed for the long haul and has a feature called lifestyling.
When you’re getting closer to retirement, it’s sensible to move your money into funds which are more appropriate at retirement. Lifestyling can do this for you.
In most cases, when you start your pension, it invests in the SL Mobile Diversified Growth Pension Fund, which offers growth potential over the long term. When you get closer to retirement, some of your money will gradually and automatically move into investments that are more appropriate for people who don’t have a long time left to invest.
Things to be aware of
- You should make sure any lifestyle profile you choose matches how you plan to take your retirement benefits
- As lifestyle profiles make changes to your investments based on your selected retirement date, they may only be suitable if you're planning to start taking your retirement benefits on this date
- Before you choose an investment option, make sure you understand its aims and risks
- As with any investment, the value can go down as well as up, and may be worth less than what was paid in
Alternative lifestyle profiles are available in the selected range.
So what now?
- If you're happy to keep your money in this option, you don’t need to do anything
- If you’d like more information about this option, including the funds it invests in and what its objectives are, you can read the Becoming a member of the Telefónica Pension Plan (PDF, 771KB)
- If you don’t want to stay invested in this option, then take a look at your other investment options
To help you make an informed decision we've provided you with important information that you should read. You should print or save copies of these documents for future reference.
This document explains the features of the pension product your employer has chosen.
Read this guide for more information on all your investment options, including details about charges and fund codes.
Read this guide for more information on the different ways you can pay into your pension, and the tax benefits and tax charges which can apply.