Want to be more involved?

Is a GSIPP for you?

You’ll need to pay at least £300 a month into it – or £3,000 a year, including any payment your employer makes.

However, if your plan already has more than £50,000 in it, the minimum payment is £100 a month, or £1,000 per year.

Moving to a GSIPP will involve transferring to a different pension product. New terms and conditions will apply and your charges will be different under the GSIPP.

As with any pension plan, there are risks and commitments you need to be aware of. You need to get financial advice before deciding to move to a GSIPP.

Download the key features document

What do I get with a GSIPP?

More investment choice

As well as having access to Standard Life's full range of pension funds, you can also choose from a wide range of mutual funds.

In addition, you can use a GSIPP to invest in options like:

  • Stocks and shares
  • Bonds
  • Commercial property

Any investments you choose need to be in line with Standard Life’s rules and Government regulations.

You only pay for the GSIPP features you use. So, for example, if you only invest in pension funds, you'll pay a fund management charge (FMC), which we'll take from each fund on a daily basis. This has the effect of reducing each fund's unit price. Additional expenses may also be taken from some funds.

If you wanted to use some of the more advanced features of the GSIPP - for example, to invest in shares - there may be additional charges for administration and transactions.

The greater flexibility and investment freedom may result in different and more significant risks. You're also likely to need investment advice, and more active involvement in the management of your investments.

As with all investments, the value can go down as well as up, and you may not get back what was put in.

Download Self Invested Personal Pensions - How it can work for you

Download GSIPP - A guide to charges and discounts

Find out more about flexible income

So, what next?

If you’re interested in changing your pension, you will need to talk to a financial adviser. There is likely to be a charge for this.

Get financial advice